About Face offers thread lift treatment to help you achieve that beautiful “V” face giving you a youthful, sculpted look. It is a minimally invasive procedure that employs the use of surgical threads or sutures, traditionally employed in medical surgeries. The threads are placed beneath the skin and are used to tighten those areas of the skin that are showing signs of becoming loose or sagging. Just like suspension cables, these threads are designed to hold up the skin in place and provide a supportive structure that defies the effects of gravity and aging and stimulates the synthesis of collagen.
Before inserting a thread, markings are made in the specified areas to determine the proper point of entry, directional vectors, and exit point. After application of a topical numbing cream, a puncture is created with a large gauge needle. A thread is then inserted along the previously marked lines. Once tightened, the thread’s cones or hooks help to hold the skin in a lifted position. Areas such as the cheeks may need multiple threads or a looping thread to plump up the cheek fat for a youthful, volumized result. The neck area is usually supported with laced sutures that lock the skin to the lower jaw area to give a contoured neckline.
The results are immediately visible and continue to improve in the next two months as collagen remodeling takes effect. The incisions made for the entry and exit points are tiny and heal without unsightly stitches.
- The procedure does not need general anesthesia, hospitalization or long recovery
- It gives immediate results that continue to improve up to 2 months after the procedure
- The procedure can be performed on different areas of the body or face, to target specific problem areas, or used to give an overall facial rejuvenation anywhere from the brows to the neck area
- Clients aged between 30 to 60 years, for whom gentle sagging may be apparent can get a thread lift, as long as collagen deposits are available in enough levels for regeneration
- Younger patients who want to improve their facial contours, or those with facial asymmetry may also consider this treatment
- For those who want a natural yet visible improvement, without all the stress and worries of a full surgical face-lift procedure, a thread lift treatment is recommended